To the east of Seabegs Wood is the site of a Roman temporary camp.
There are no visible remains on the ground today. The camp was first discovered through aerial photography in 1953. Analysis of aerial photography reveals that the entrances to the camp were defended by a staggered section of banks and ditches. It is likely that the camp was used to house legionary soldiers as they carried out the work of building the Wall.
The site of Milnquarter camp lies to the east of Seabegs Wood, between Reilly Gardens and Milnquarter Road on the southern outskirts of Bonnybridge. It is bisected by the Stirling to Glasgow railway.
Click on the links below to find out about the site's nearest accommodation, attractions and food & drink facilities.