On the east slope of Crow Hill, to the east of Bearsden, is the site of a Roman fortlet and temporary camp.
The site is not publicly accessible and no remains are visible on the ground today, though portions of both the camp and fortlet are visible on aerial photographs. The camp was probably the base for the construction crew of the Second Legion during the building of the Antonine Wall.
A distance slab of the Second Legion was found on Summerston farm in 1694 and can now be seen in the Hunterian Museum. The site lies near Summerston farm to the east of Balmore Road, A879, and to the south of Boclair Road.
Click on the links below to find out about the site's nearest accommodation, attractions and food & drink facilities.